Every day people are forced from their homes due to disasters. Single and multi-family fires account for 90% of disaster responses for the American Red Cross. Compassionate and committed Disaster Action Team (DAT) volunteers help those families affected.
Respond to families affected by home fires, flooding or other local disasters to provide resources, comfort and hope to those who have been affected.
Be the beacon of hope to families who are likely having the worst day of their lives.
- 18 years or older with a valid United States driver’s license
- Training provided both online courses and shadow with experienced volunteers
- Computer with internet
- Volunteers applying for in-person position assignments require vaccination verification. Instructions to provide information and supporting documentation of vaccination will be provided once you submit your application.
What Our Volunteers Are Saying
- “I’m retired and was looking for a way to help in my local community. I love that I found the Red Cross because being able to help someone in one of their greatest times of need is a feeling like no other.” ~Charlie V.
- “I watched the Red Cross help my Mom when she had a house fire and I knew I wanted to help giveback anyway I could. Now I am able to pay it forward for my Mom and our family.” ~Laqueesha J.
- “I may not have money to give, but I have time.” ~Taylor W.
- “It’s a wonderful feeling being able to help someone affected by a house fire, who literally, may only have the clothes on their back.” ~Julie M.
- WATCH the VIDEO of volunteers (note: this was made prior to Covid)
How to get started – Complete the online application HERE
Or for any questions or to schedule a personal volunteer consultation contact:
Kristin Pendleton, Senior Volunteer Recruitment Specialist American Red Cross
Call or Text: 314-281-7968
Schedule a convenient time to discuss your questions