Experience how our network is making an impact in YOUR community.
By visiting many of our Funded Partners on our Live United Tours or learning more about becoming a board member, you will find the right place to give back and make a difference in our community!
Register below to join us for one or all of these events during National Volunteer Month.
The United Way network needs you!
11:00 A.M. - 1:00 P.M.
Jackson Senior Center
2690 Travelers Way, Jackson, MO 63755
Get on the Bus as we visit some of our partners serving and located in Jackson. On this tour we will:
- Share a meal with seniors at the Jackson Senior Center and hear how the center helps seniors stay longer in their home.
- Meet the caring voice behind First Call For Help’s phone line.
- Learn how FosterAdopt Connect and Voices for Children/CASA provide support for vulnerable children in foster care.
- And experience Jackson Ministerial Alliance Food Pantry’s passion for providing nutritious meals for people who face food insecurity.
The bus will start and end at the Jackson Senior Center, 2690 Traveler’s Way. Lunch provided.
12:00 P.M. - 1:00 P.M.
Cape Girardeau Public Library
711 Clark St, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701
Join us and learn what it takes to be a board member for a local nonprofit. We will hear from board members of all ages and from partners needing these valuable volunteers. If you are passionate, dependable, and eager to help, our partners need you! $10 registration fee includes lunch.
3:30 P.M. - 5:30 P.M.
Centenary United Methodist Church
300 N. Ellis St., Cape Girardeau, MO 63701
On this bus tour we will:
- Learn how the Boys & Girls Club and Big Brothers Big Sisters provide mentorship and educational resources for underserved students.
- See how the Adult Education & Learning Center helps local adults learn new skills while getting a quality education.
- Hear how the Safe House of Southeast Missouri helps those facing crisis find hope and learn how they work to prevent domestic violence from occurring in the first place.
The bus will start and end from the parking lot in front of Centenary United Methodist Church, 300 N. Ellis, Cape Girardeau.
11:00 A.M. - 1:00 P.M.
610 Independence St, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701
On our final Live United bus tour we will:
- Meet the people transforming lives at One City through job preparedness and mentoring.
- Share a Meal with Friends at The Salvation Army and learn how we work to provide assistance with immediate needs such as housing and food.
- View a display of stunning photos produced by students mentored in the EPIC youth programs.
- Tour Community Partnership’s facility and learn how we work together to improve housing and transportation.
- Learn how Read to Succeed volunteers are helping students set a foundation for successful futures through literacy.
- And hear how Aging Matters is reducing the financial burden of seniors in every county we serve.
The bus will start and end at One City, 610 Independence Street, Cape Girardeau. Please park on the street and in the lot off Frederick Street behind One City. Lunch provided.
Thank you, Cape Girardeau County Transit Authority, for donating the buses for our partner tours! We appreciate your commitment to our community!