ROPES VOLUNTEER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Separate from event volunteers, we will need 10-12 Rope Volunteers to assist OTE’s technical team on Media/VIP Day and Event Day.
Although we prefer individuals who have experience working with rope, such as climbers, cavers, firefighters, and SWAT, becoming a rope volunteer is open to anyone with an enthusiastic and safety-conscious mindset. The highly trained technical staff at Over The Edge provides all the training that they will need during a session on the day prior to the event.
Rope Volunteers will be expected to:
- Watch a 1-hour online video before the event (if first time as Ropes Volunteer)
- Attend a 3-hour training session on Media/VIP Day (if first time as Ropes Volunteer)
- Volunteer all day on event day Rope volunteers will get to rappel the building as part of their training; schedule permitting.
- Roof – Support Site Safety Supervisor at main rappel area, help to load edgers and coach them over the edge
- Training – Support Training Manager in training all edgers before they go over the edge
- Staging – Support Staging Manager, help get edgers into gear and ready to go on the roof
- Landing Zone – Belay ropes and assist edgers when they finish their rappel Important Items:
Benefits for Ropes Volunteers ONLY:
- Ropes Volunteers will receive a bracelet made from retired rope
- Ropes Volunteers will receive a T-shirt
- Ropes Volunteers will have the opportunity to rappel without raising minimum donation ($1,000 value).
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Raechel at email@example.com and register here.
▪ Once registered as a Ropes Volunteer on OTE’s website, you will receive an automated response confirming the registration, which provides information about the training webinar. 10 days before the event you will receive an email from OTE with specific event details.